- All Teams will need to be prepared to play at 8:30 AM
each day (unless notified otherwise by SPA Tournament Officials)
- All SPA Rules will apply
- All teams must be registered with SPA, have a Team Sanction number SPA Team sanction fee for the 2024 season is $40
- All Team Rosters must be submitted "On-line" prior to date shown above
- Players are required to be registered with the SPA, and
must present BOTH their valid SPA Player's Card AND a current Drivers License prior to any participation. (ECARDS and EDrivers License are acceptable).
- All awards are based upon a minimum of 8 teams per division
Rules: SPA Official Rulebook
Balls: 1/2 Dozen Softballs Provided to each team
Bats: All bats used in SPA play must have a factory/manufactured stamp with either
“Senior Softball NTS Approved,” OR BPF of 1.21 or less.
Bats will be checked prior to each game.
will be confiscated and held until the end of the tournament or longer.
Player ID Card Check-in: All players must bring their SPA
Player Registration Card AND Drivers License to the softball complex for player
check-in. All approved players Must Sign Roster at
Time Limits: Pool Play - One (1) hour, finish that inning plus
one more inning
Bracket Play - 75 minutes, finish that inning plus one more inning
Run Rule: 20 Runs after 4 Innings, 15 Runs after 5 Innings, 10 Runs after 6 Innings
Pool Play Games will be played with the 5 Run Limit Rule. When classifications are not combined and all teams are of the same classification, Bracket Play rules (see Sec 20) will apply to all pool play games. ALL ADDITIONAL HOME RUNS OVER THE LIMIT ARE OUTS UNTIL BOTH TEAMS REACH THEIR LIMIT THEN ONE UP RULE APPLIES. When Classifications are combined, the upper classification bracket play will apply (except with 5 run per inning limit).
Seeding Process: The Tournament Director has the authorization to place the teams based on the overall strength and skill of the team, using the following information as a guideline.
- Win - loss Record
- Head to head results (applies only when all teams play one another)
- Runs allowed
- Run differential
- Total runs scored
- Flip of a coin
Tournament Format Policy: SPA tournament format guidelines are as follows:
(Except with special exception for specific tournaments)
SPA reserves the right to combine teams with other age groups or classifications as deemed necessary. When ages or classifications are combined in the same finals bracket, only 1 set of awards will be presented for that bracket.
NOTE: When ages/classifications are combined for Championship play, only one set of awards will be provided.
- When only two teams are entered and cannot be combined with another age group or classification - tournament will be played as a "best of 5" competition.
- When less than 4 teams are entered and cannot be combined with another age group - tournament will be played as a Double Round Robin followed by a Single Elimination Bracket and individual awards will not be given.
- When 3 or more teams are entered - tournament will be played as a two-game pool followed by a Double Elimination bracket.